Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination—our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our downtown Vancouver office has an opportunity for an intermediate level Transportation Engineer-in-Training or Technologist with our busy and expanding Transportation Group. Using some of the latest in computer-aided design and drafting and simulation modeling software, you will prepare functional/preliminary/detailed and construction drawings (design and drafting) for projects ranging from municipal roads, land development to large scale provincial highways projects. Reporting to and working under the direction of a Senior Design Engineer, you will have the additional following responsibilities:
- Participate in the design and preparation of engineering drawings based on internal and external design standards; perform engineering calculations
- Prepare plans, sections, details, schematic and construction drawings using Civil 3D and AutoCAD for site grading, drainage and roadway design
- Assist in drawing reviews and construction administration
- Coordination of project drawings with members of the engineering design team
- Ensure that project needs are met in a timely and effective manner
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering/Transportation degree with a minimum of 5 years of roadway design and drawings preparation OR Civil Technology Diploma with at least 7 years of related roads drafting and design experience
- Must be proficient in the use of Civil 3D ; solid experience using recent versions of AutoCAD also required
- Effective communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal skills within this collaborative team environment setting
- Must be well organized and possess the ability to work efficiently in a steady to fast-paced environment where high quality of work and adhering to deadlines are key to the success of the team