Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it’s an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we’re part of the community too and we care about the places where we live—just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Providing sustainable planning services for neighborhoods, communities, and regions, our Planning - Urban Land Group is comprised of collaborative, creative, and visionary professionals who create high-quality and sustainable environments that are functional, innovative, appropriate, and attractive. This is where great people and great ideas truly make a difference. Our team members have unique opportunities to provide services such as plan process and implementation; urban design and land use; visioning; master planning; public consultations; and land use assessments.
Our London office has an opportunity for an Intermediate Planner and will be required to support teams in both Kitchener and London, Ontario. The successful candidate can work best in a team environment that requires initiative and excellent problem solving skills. You are highly motivated and are ready to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to be among the top 10 global design firms. We offer you the opportunity to challenge your abilities in a dynamic, team oriented environment. Your efforts will be recognized through continued professional development and competitive compensation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct involvement in the development and approvals of all types of planning related applications from master planned communities, Official Plan Amendments and rezoning applications to site plan approvals and associated consent and minor variance processes.
- Assisting clients with the many and varied facets of development approvals including analyzing Provincial and Municipal regulations and policies, completing applications forms, preparation of presentation material and report preparation.
- Assist project managers in day to day activates to achieve project milestones, client communications and interfacing in inter-office project teams.
- Participate in a team where value is added for developers and builders by designing high-quality, sustainable residential communities that are functional, financially viable, innovative, attractive and reflective of the desired lifestyle choice of its residents.
- Transform land into creative and functional developments by assisting clients through all phases of their land development project through scoping, planning, design, construction, maintenance and commissioning.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
As the ideal candidate:
- You have a degree in planning or an academic equivalent and are a member, either full or provisional, of the Canadian Institute of Planners and the Ontario Professional Planners Institute.
- You have a minimum of 5 year’s experience, including prior consulting experience. You have a developing understanding of project management and team leadership, and you have started to establish both agency and client contacts.
- You possess a sound understanding of Planning Services to the private and public sectors. You have a thorough knowledge of the provincial (P2G) and local approval processes, site planning and urban design.
- You understand the personal and corporate value associated with participation on home builder and/or government established committees and would be willing to commit personal time to these ventures.
- You have a strong understanding and appreciation for the effectiveness of coordinated interdisciplinary teams. Your excellent communication skills allow you to effectively interact with clients, approval authorities, and the public.