Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
All times are in Eastern Daylight Time.
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in Geotechnical and Materials Engineering by starting with a good team. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. We perform geotechnical and material studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we’re bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same. Join our team today!
Stantec is seeking Junior/Intermediate/Senior Materials Technologists to join our Muskrat Falls project team, under a fly in–fly out (FIFO) arrangement. The typical turnaround will be 14 days onsite and 7 days offsite. Camp accommodations will be provided.
Note that these are project related roles, and the project is scheduled for completion in 2018.
Under the direction of the Laboratory Manager, you will work closely with an impressive team of engineers and technologists, primarily performing field and laboratory QA/QC monitoring and testing services. Primary duties may include:
- Construction QA/QC Monitoring and Testing:
- Conduction of full range of standard laboratory tests in soils and concrete laboratories.
- Fill placement and compaction monitoring.
- Fresh and hardened concrete monitoring and testing.
- Deep and shallow foundation construction.
- Assisting in resolution of technical issues on construction sites.
- Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC)
- Various other QA/QC field and laboratory testing services
- Reporting: You will be required to regularly complete detailed field and laboratory reports and submit them to the laboratory manager
- Operations: You will be expected to support team operations and play an integral part in the success of the project. Promotion of our health and safety culture, client relations, training and mentoring of more junior staff, equipment and resources maintenance and management, and other related duties will be expected.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent with field experience.
- Energetic, team oriented player with a commitment to superior client service.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to communicate effectively with technical and management personnel remotely.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- A valid Driver's License is required.
- CCIL/CSA or ACI Certification for concrete field and laboratory testing is required. Training will be provided in order to receive the certification.
Did you know? Stantec has been named one of the 2014 Best Places to work in Atlantic Canada.